Friday, May 8, 2015

Week 3

   This week was kinda a slow one. I didn't get to work with Morgan with my dances, so I just practiced at home and did a little bit of research. I have been stretching quite a ton so I wouldn't be as sore, and improving my flexibility. I still have been stretching my feet and I can feel a difference, but not some much see a difference. I researched a lot about pointe shoes, and they different types and training for it, and found out a lot.
    There are about 6 types of pointe shoes, and depending on your foot type, you get a certain type of shoe. I also found that it takes years and years of training to even think about pointe, because you need to build certain muscles to support you while you're on your toes. The earlier you start, the earlier you can start working on pointe. But that is only for ballet, jazz, tap, and all the other type of dances aren't as strict. So next week I should be learning more to the little dance I'm going to preform and I will update you on it. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment